With popularization of the concept of the Internet of things (IoT), more and more people want to know and make their own IoT device. The common WiFi cannot satisfy the mobile application scenarios, while the emerging NB-IoT network has a limited coverage area, so the most popular 2G network becomes one of the best choices at present.
DFRobot has updated the former GSM/GPRS expansion board, using the same series SIM800C GSM/GPRS chip as Mobike, in order to provide stable and reliable IoT links. A user may send AT instruction through UART communication interface, so as to make a call, send a short message and realize GPRS remote data acquisition, etc.
SIM800C GPRS/GSM expansion board is encapsulated by Arduino standard, and can be externally connected with Arduino UNO, Leonardo and other controllers. The expansion board is externally expanded with TX&RX interface by jumper. Communication can be connected by soft serial port for convenient development. The built-in Bluetooth 3.0 wireless communication function may cooperate with mobile phone to realize point-to-point communication, and see SIM800C User Manual for more advanced features.
- Power supply
: DC 7-23V
- Quadruplex 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
- GPRS mobile station class B
- GSM 2/2+standard
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850/900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Control by AT instruction (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced command set)
- Operation temperature range: -40 ～+85 ℃
- Serial port baud rate self-adaption
- Support real-time clock (RTC)
- Support SMS short message
- Support multimedia message
- Support electronic mail box
- Support DTMF
- Support Bluetooth 3.0
- Size: 70.0×53.3 (mm)
- SIM800C GSM/GPRS Shield V2.0x1