This low-cost (LC) Teensy Prop Shield is meant for making light and sound effects on small, handheld props and wearable costumes. This shield features a 2W audio amp, high-speed 5V buffers for driving APA102 LEDs, and an 8MB flash memory. This economical board is approximately the size of a Teensy, just slightly longer to allow space for mounting holes and connections for power, speaker and LEDs.
This lower-cost Prop Shield is identical to the [standard Prop Shield](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13995), except the motion sensors are removed. Keep in mind that this shield can be used with the Teensy 3.2 and is not restricted to use only with other “LC” models.
The Teensy Prop Shield has been equipped with a slew of neat features. Need an amplifier? The Teensy Prop Shield has one rated at 2W and is capable of driving 4 or 8 Ohm speakers. Additionally the Prop Shield has 5V buffers meant to send data to Dotstar or APA102 type addressable LEDs. It also has an onboard 8MB flash memory, meant for storing sound clips and images, logging data and many other uses.
* Audio Amplifier — Clear quality audio output to a small speaker
* Fast LED Driver — Drive APA102 / Dotstar LEDs for colorful lighting with rapid response
* Flash Memory — 8MB storage for images, sound clips and data logging
* [LM48310 Audio Amplifier](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/Teensy/lm48310.pdf)
* [W25Q64FV Flash Memory](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/Teensy/w25q64fv.pdf)
* [SN74AHCT1G08 AND Gate](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/Teensy/sn74ahct1g08.pdf)
* [Product Page](http://www.pjrc.com/store/prop_shield.html)