This is the SparkFun USB to Serial Breakout for the FT232RL, a small board with a built in USB to serial UART
interface. This little breakout is built around the FT232RL IC from FTDI, with an internal oscillator, EEPROM, and a 28-pin SSOP package this is a serious little chip.
With this version, we’ve corrected a few issues found with the board. These changes include fixes to the VCCIO, a change from the mini USB to micro USB connector, and a few footprint modifications. Other than finding this board much easier to use, it is still the same FT232RL breakout that you know and love!
* Implements full v2.0 USB protocol
* Needs no external crystal
* Internal EEPROM for device ID and Product Description strings
* Royalty-Free Driver support for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/BreakoutBoards/FT232R-Breakout_v37.zip)
* [Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/BreakoutBoards/DS_FT232R.pdf) (FT232RL)
* [FTClean](http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm) (for removing extraneous/old ports)
* [GitHub](https://github.com/sparkfun/FT232RL_USB_Breakout/tree/V_3.7) (Design Files)