The Pi Desktop is a desktop computer kit that has been designed to be used in conjunction with a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3. The contents of this kit fit securely inside the included stylish case, which allows you to conceal everything within the enclosure to keep things nice and tidy. With the Pi Desktop you will be able to convert your Raspberry Pi into a full PC with WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth(R), Real-Time Clock (RTC), Camera and SSD (sold separately) capabilities. Once it is put together all you need to do is connect the Pi Desktop to a keyboard through USB and a display through HDMI — then enjoy a full PC experience!
This kit includes an add-on board that plugs into the 40-pin GPIO connector of the Pi and helps to connect a high-capacity external Solid State Drive (SSD) via mSATA interface for up to 1TB of extended memory. The Pi Desktop also offers an RTC and an intelligent power management controller to keep track of time and turn the Pi on/off or reboot without unplugging the USB power cable.
**Note:** This kit does NOT include a Raspberry Pi, which will need to be purchased separately. Please read through what the kit includes below, as well as additional required items in the User Manual.
Please be aware: This kit does NOT work with the Raspberry Pi 4, due to the new layout of the board. On the Pi 4 the USB & Ethernet ports have been moved and the HDMI socket was swapped for two micro HDMI sockets. However, it does work quite well with the Rasberry Pi 3B+
* 1x Add-On Board
* 1x Heat Sink
* 1x Enclosure (Base and Lid)
* 1x Button Battery Cell (CR2032)
* 1x USB Adapter (Micro-Type A)
* 2x Screws
* 4x Long Spacer
* 4x Short Standoff
* [User Manual](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/parts/1/2/3/4/8/Pi_Desktop_User_Manual_EN_Rev3.4.pdf)
* [Assembly Instructions](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/parts/1/2/3/4/8/Pi_Desktop_QSG_EN_Rev03_Final.pdf)
* [Pi Desktop Debian Package](https://github.com/pi-desktop/deb-make/releases)
* [Safety Power Control](https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/safety-power-control/safety-power-control.md)
* [How to Boot from USB](https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/Boot-From-a-USB-Mass-Storage-Device/Boot-From-a-USB-Mass-Storage-Device.md)
* [How to Create a Partition](https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/Partitioning-Formatting-SSD/Partitioning-Formatting-SSD.md)
* [View Linux File System on Windows](https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/View-the-Linux-file-system-on-Windows/View-the-Linux-file-system-on-Windows.md)
* [Pin Usage](https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/Pins-used-by-pi-desktop/Pins-used-by-pi-desktop.md)