This 8MP IR (Infrared) camera module is capable of 1080p video and still images and connects directly to your Raspberry Pi. Similar to the non-IR version Raspberry Pi Camera, connect the included ribbon cable to the CSI (Camera Serial Interface) port on your Raspberry Pi, boot up the latest version of Raspbian and you are good to go!
At 25mm x 20mm x 9mm and weighing a little over 3 grams this board is pretty small which makes it perfect for mobile or other small applications that require you to see in near dark. The sensor has a native resolution of 5 megapixels with a fixed focus lens on board. The camera is capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video.
**Note:** This module is only capable of taking pictures and video, not sound.
* 8MP Resolution
* Sony IMX219 Image Sensor
* 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions for Video
* 3280 x 2464 pixel for Static Images
* No Infrared Filter
* Supported in Current Rasbian Images
* [User Guide](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/RaspberryPi/PiNoIRUserGuide.pdf)
* [Quick Start Guide](http://www.raspberrypi.org/camera)
* [Product Page](http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/pi-noir)
* [Product Video](http://www.sparkfun.com/videos#all/DFwdDIkjlGc/56)