Here is a very simple breadboard power supply kit that takes power from a DC wall wart and outputs a selectable 5V or 3.3V regulated voltage. The .1″ headers are mounted on the bottom of the PCB for simple insertion into a breadboard. Pins labeled VCC and GND plug directly into the power lines. The lone pair of pins have no electrical connection but help support the PCB.
There are two pins available within the barrel jack footprint. Any stripped +/- DC supply can be connected instead of the barrel connector. Board has both an On/Off switch and a voltage select switch (3.3V/5V).
Comes as a **bag of parts** kit and is easily assembled if you can follow the silkscreen indicators and have beginning experience with a soldering iron. You will need to read the resistor bands or use a multimeter to determine the resistor sizes.
* DC Barrel Connector (2.1mm center positive)
* TO-220 Voltage Regulator (LM317 1.5A max current)
* 1N4004 Reverse Protection Diode
* 100uF 25V Capacitor
* 10uF 25V Capacitor
* 0.1uF 50V Capacitor
* Red Power LED – High Brightness
* 2 x SPDT Slide Switch
* 4 x 0.1″ Header Pins
* 2 x 330 Resistor 1/6W
* 390 Resistor 1/6W
* 240 Resistor 1/6W
* Bare PCB with Silkscreen Indicators
* PTC resettable fuse
* [Eagle Files](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Kits/Breadboard%20Power%20Supply%20v10.zip)
* [Quickstart Guide](http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/297)