The SparkFun Photon Battery Shield provides you with an easy way to power your Photon module with a Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery. Not only can the Battery Shield power your Photon, but you will also be able to charge a LiPo battery through it. The board comes with a JST connector for your single-cell LiPo battery and utilizes the Photon’s on-board micro-USB connector for the charge input.
This battery shield uses a MCP73831 for LiPo charging and a MAX1704X for fuel gauging. This is a very simple shield for your Photon to provide it basic and on-the-go power wherever and whenever you might need it! The SparkFun Photon Battery Shield comes with the headers already soldered on, so you can plug and play!
The Particle Photon is a tiny WiFi development kit for creating connected projects and products. Sporting a 120MHz ARM Cortex M3 and built-in WiFi, the Photon is not only powerful, but easy to use. The small form factor is ideal for IoT projects with cloud connectivity.
**Note:** Not only can this shield operate with the Photon, but it can also be used with the Particle Core!
* Headers and Connectors Pre-Soldered
* Compatible with the Photon and the Core
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/IoT/Photon_Battery_Shield_v10.zip)
* [Hookup Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-battery-shield-hookup-guide)
* [Photon Development Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-development-guide)