The LilyTwinkle is a tiny little LilyPad board designed to add some twinkle to your project. Even though it’s as small as some of the LilyPad sensors, this board actually has an ATtiny microcontroller on it so it’s actually pretty smart! Simply sew on 4 LEDs and connect a battery and the LEDs will twinkle-fade (a lot like fireflies… or lightning bugs, if that’s what you call them). LilyTwinkle is a quick and easy way to add twinkling lights to a project without any programming or a bulky Main Board.
If you’re an advanced user and want to re-program the LilyTwinkle, the ICSP programming connectors are broken out on the back.
LilyPad is a wearable e-textile technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available.
**Note:** A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Leah Buechley for continued development and education of e-textiles.
* 20mm outer diameter
* Thin 0.8mm PCB
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/2/7/a/0/5/Lilypad_Minifade-v12.zip)
* [LilyTwinkle Tutorial](https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/390)
* [Re-Programming the LilyTwinkle](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/re-programming-the-lilytiny–lilytwinkle)
* [Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/6/4/3/e/6/Atmel-2586-AVR-8-bit-Microcontroller-ATtiny25-ATtiny45-ATtiny85_Datasheet.pdf) (ATtiny85)
* [Arduino Quick Reference](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/a/f/1/8/0/Tiny_QuickRef.pdf) (ATtiny85)