The TFMini Plus is a ToF (Time of Flight) LiDAR sensor capable of measuring the distance to an object as close as 10 centimeters (+/- 5cm up to 6m) and as far as 12 meters (+/-1% starting at 6m)! As with all LiDAR sensors, your effective detection distance will vary depending on lighting conditions and the reflectivity of your target object, but what makes this sensor special is its size. Measuring only 35×18.5x21mm, the TFMini Plus allows you to integrate LiDAR into applications traditionally reserved for smaller sensors.
Setting itself apart from the original [TFmini](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14588), the TFmini Plus has been designed with an IP65 enclosure meaning its “Dust tight & water resistant”, and also passed the vibration test of drone level, which will greatly expand its application range. The TFMini Plus is easy to power at only 5V and easy to talk to using the UART communication protocol.
Important: This product does not use laser light for ranging. Instead it contains an LED and optics. Many such systems are being marketed under the name “LiDAR,” although it may be more appropriate to think of this device as a “Time-of-Flight Infrared Rangefinder”. It differs significantly from traditional IR rangefinders in that it uses ToF to determine range and not triangulation — as is performed by the Sharp GP-series devices.
* TFMini Plus LiDAR Module & integrated cable
* Operating Range – 0.1m~12m①
* Accuracy – ±5cm@(0.1-6m), ±1%@(6m-12m)
* Distance resolution – 5mm
* Frame rate – 1-1000Hz(adjustable)
* Ambient light immunity – 70klux
* Operating temperature – -20℃~60℃
* Enclosure rating – IP65
* Light source – LED
* Central wavelength – 850nm
* FOV – 3.6°
* Supply voltage – 5V±0.5V
* Average current – ≤110mA
* Power consumption – 550mW
* Peak current – 500mA
* Communication level – LVTTL（3.3V）
* Material of enclosure – ABS+PC
* Storage temperature – -20℃~75℃
* Weight – 11g
* Wire length – 30cm
* [Product Manual](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/1/4/2/1/9/TFmini_Plus_A02_Product_Manual_EN.pdf)