What’s blue, thin, and comes with everything you need to get started? The Pro Mini 5V Starter Kit! The Pro Mini is SparkFun’s minimal design approach to Arduino running at 5V with a 16MHz bootloader. The Arduino Pro Mini does not come with connectors populated so that you can solder in any connector or wire with any orientation you need.
The Arduino Pro Mini in this kit works well with the FTDI Basic Breakout which is why we included one in the starter kit. The voltage regulator on board accepts voltage up to 12VDC. If you’re supplying unregulated power to the board be sure to connect to the “RAW” pin and not VCC. The latest and greatest version of this board also breaks out the ADC6 and ADC7 pins as well as adds footprints for optional I2C resistors.
This kit not only includes the Pro Mini and FTDI board, but 40 male headers, six right angle male headers (great for the FTDI connection), two sets of 2-pin female headers for the offset A6/A7 and SDA/SCL pins, a tiny breadboard, jumper wires, and even a couple of LEDs with resistors to get you blinking right away. We also included a six inch, mini-B USB cable for your FTDI board, this cable is short but mighty and works well with this tiny setup, but if you need a longer one check your USB cable drawer or the hookup accessories below.
* [Arduino Pro Mini 328 – 5V/16MHz](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11113)
* [FTDI Basic Breakout – 5V](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716)
* [USB Mini-B Cable – 6″](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13243)
* [Break Away Headers – Straight (40 pins)](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/116)
* Break Away Headers – Right Angle (6 pins)
* Female Headers (2 pins) x2
* [Breadboard – Mini Modular (White)](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12043)
* [Jumper Wires Premium 4″ M/M (30 pack)](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14284)
* [LED – Basic Red 3mm](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/533)
* [LED – Basic Green 3mm](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9650)
* [Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6th Watt PTH](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8377) x2
* ATmega328 running at 16MHz with external resonator (0.5% tolerance)
* 0.8mm Thin PCB
* USB connection off board
* Supports auto-reset
* 5V regulator
* Max 150mA output
* Over current protected
* Weighs less than 2 grams!
* DC input 5V up to 12V
* On board Power and Status LEDs
* Analog Pins: 8
* Digital I/Os: 14
* 0.7×1.3″ (18x33mm)
* [Pro Mini Graphical Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/Arduino/Boards/ProMini8MHzv1.pdf)
* [Pro Mini Getting Started Tutorial](http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/244)
* [USB to serial UART Boards Hookup Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sparkfun-usb-to-serial-uart-boards-hookup-guide)
* [How to Install FTDI Drivers](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers)
* [FTDI Drivers](http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ftdichip.com%2FFTDrivers.htm&ei=D7WlSMGOJKOKiAGx-82BDQ&usg=AFQjCNE2pWdUmKFsw6OAb9hwsC8CtftzFQ&sig2=HQApwDh2F68V38PkMHy6jg)